How YOU can save the MAP Van (assuming you’re so inclined)
STAND IN PROTEST FOR THE LOSS OF THE MAP VAN JUNE 23RD
We need your support Tuesday, June 23rd, between 9:30 pm and 10:30 pm when we will stand together for the MAP van.
Come out along the MAP van route and,
light a candle.
Hastings and Gore
Dunlevy and Cordova
Hastings and Jackson
Hastings and Hawks
Hasting and Campbell
Franklin and Raymur
Franklin at Commercial Drive
Victoria and Triumph
Clark at East Georgia
Grandview Park on Commercial Drive
Commercial at 7th (meet on the bridge)
Kingsway and Nanaimo
Kingsway and Joyce
Please mark your calendars: Tuesday, June 23rd, 9:30 pm
Show the Premier and the Provincial Government that women on our streets are at terrible risk without the MAP van.
Give the new Solicitor General, Kash Heed, a battle to win for survival sex workers
· MAP(Mobile Access Project) is an essential overnight service providing women sex workers with options for health and safety
· MAP is operated through a partnership with WISH and PACE
· We can never forget the 67 women who went missing from the same streets where the MAP van works every night.
· What is the social cost of taking the MAP van off the road?
· Show the government that they can make the difference between life and death
· 95% of all "Bad Date" reports are made to the MAP van staff, providing the only and immediate warning for sex workers against violent predators
To find out more about WISH: www.wish-vancouver.net
To find out more about PACE: www.pace-society.ca